Trappings of Texas 2018 Schedule of Events
Photos by Jim Bones.
Bonnie and John Korbell – 101 Ranch
Kay and Don Green
Louisa and Jack Mayfield
Carol and Pete Peterson
Kathy and Mac Stringfellow
Trappings of Texas 2018 Opening Weekend
April 12-14, 2018
Thursday, April 12
PREVIEW 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Museum of the Big Bend
Enjoy this exclusive and intimate opportunity to view Trappings first! This is the only opportunity to pre-register as a buyer, obtain your Buyer’s Ballot Book and begin dropping ballots in advance.
AFTER PREVIEW PARTY 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Hosted by the Century Bar & Grill in the Historic Holland Hotel
209 West Holland Avenue
At the Courtyard of the Holland Hotel kick back and enjoy a terrific array of appetizers. A cash bar will be available. If you are interested in a seated dinner afterwards, reservations are recommended. Call the Century Bar & Grill at 432-837-1922.
NEW! Music performance by Hogan & Moss. Blending original ballads, fast-driving corkers, early country waltzes and covers, writer Joe Nick Patoski has called them “the hardest working duo in Texas.”
Tickets to enjoy both the PREVIEW & AFTER PREVIEW PARTY: $50 per person Click here to purchase online
Friday, April 13
NEW! MEET THE ARTISTS LUNCHEON
11:30 am – 2:00 pm
Come & Take It BBQ
2612 West Highway 90
Want to meet the artists whose works you wish to purchase? Want to enjoy an authentic Texas BBQ lunch with all the fixings? Then the Meet the Artists Luncheon is where you should be! Owners Jenny and Scott Turner have created a special luncheon menu featuring a variety of hand-crafted smoked meats along with a selection of sides and dessert. A cash bar will be available.
Music performed by Bake Turner, Alpine son and wide receiver on the 1968 New York Jets, Super Bowl III champions.
Tickets: $35 per person (limited seating) Click here to purchase online
Tickets for the Meet the Artists Luncheon are included in the Cattle Baron, Gold Cattle Baron and Diamond Cattle Baron Sponsorship Levels. Click here to find out more about Trappings of Texas 2018 Sponsorship Levels.
GRAND OPENING EXHIBIT, SALE & RECEPTION
6:00 – 9:00 pm
Museum of the Big Bend
Register to become a buyer and receive a Buyer’s Ballot Book. Find the works you want to purchase and drop your ballot before 7:45 pm. All evening long, enjoy great food and drinks while visiting with Trappings artists along with new and old friends alike. Listen for the sound of a gong as the sale closes and find out if your ballot has been drawn!
Tickets: $50 per person Click here to purchase online
NEW! LIVE MUSIC FEATURING hONEyhoUSe
After the Grand Opening
Hosted by the Ole Crystal Bar
410 East Holland Avenue
The tradition returns! Dance the night away at the Ole Crystal Bar, a place where nobody is a stranger.
No Cover Charge and Open to the Public!
Sponsored by Vaughn and Tex Gross and Commerce Street Capital, LLC.
Saturday, April 14
CHUCK WAGON BREAKFAST 8:00 am
Big Bend Saddlery
2701 East Highway 90
Thirty-two years ago, Gary Dunshee, co-owner of Big Bend Saddlery, saw the potential of creating a custom cowboy gear and Western art event in Alpine and turned the idea into a reality. Gary continues his support of Trappings of Texas by hosting one of the best traditional chuck wagon breakfasts in the area!
Admission is free, reservations are requested. Click here to make your reservation in our online store
NEW! CALF FRY LUNCH
Noon– 1:30 pm or “until we run out, whichever comes first!”
2701 U.S. Highway 90B (next to Big Bend Saddlery)
Join your friends and enjoy a classic Cowboy lunch featuring calf fries, french fries, gravy and bread. FREE!
Sponsored by Trappings artist Brooks Atwood.
SOLD OUT! – TRAPPINGS OF TEXAS RANCH ROUND UP PARTY
5:00 – 8:00 pm
101 Ranch hosted by Bonnie and John Korbell
End your Trappings weekend on a high note at the 101 Ranch hosted by owners Bonnie and John Korbell. Enjoy cocktails with a view followed by a fine dining experience catered by the Gage Hotel. Throughout the evening enjoy classic country and western singer and musician Craig Carter, and compete with your friends to come out the winner in West Texas’ finest Silent Auction.
Click here for more information about the 101 Ranch
Tickets: SOLD OUT
Ranch Round Up Silent Auction – Many, many thanks to the supporters of the Trappings of Texas Ranch Round Up Party who have provided the following items for the Silent Auction:
- Weekend for two couples, three night stay at the historic Cibolo Creek Ranch.
- Davis Mountains Getaway Weekend for up to nineteen at the Nature Conservancy’s Davis Mountains Preserve, three days and two nights. Includes admission to the McDonald Observatory Star Party.
- Dinner for ten catered by Paula Wilson and Lonnie Rodriguez.
- YETI Roadie cooler, donated by In & Out Rentals of Alpine.
- One of a kind coat and hat rack created by blacksmith Todd Elrod, owner of Broken Anvil Blacksmithing of Alpine.
- Custom made cowboy hat, pure beaver created by Brooks Atwood of Spradley Hats of Alpine. Spradley Hats are made to order only using time honored processes, reminding the owner of a time when craftsmanship and artisan products were the rule, not the exception.
- Pair of women’s tall handmade cowboy boots created by CITY Boots. CITY Boots are designed in Dallas by Lizzy Chesnut and handmade in Mexico by a third generation boot maker using the highest quality of craftsmanship and materials.
- Works by CA artists Teal Blake, Loren Entz, Martin Grelle and Bruce Greene. These original works of art will be created during the CA workshop being held in Fort Davis, Texas, the week of the 32nd Annual Trappings of Texas!